Instruction and Leadership
KAGAN COOPERATIVE LEARNING DAYS 1 & 2 @ KEDC-LEXINGTON
July 8, 2020 - 8:00am to July 9, 2020 - 3:30pm
ACT Mom - ACT Study Groups (3 days total)
July 20, 2020 - 9:00am to July 22, 2020 - 12:00pm
Are you overwhelmed when you think about the ACT? Are you worried about paying for college? Are you concerned about adding pressure to your student's already overloaded schedule?
I hear you. I know. I was there. When my son and I began studying for the ACT, we wanted RESULTS. As his score went up, we became even more motivated to fully understand the test. It is that knowledge and strategy that I am excited to pass along to others.
Using only real ACT tests, I teach students the structure and content of the test. They will develop a personal strategy for each of the four sections. In turn, they will become proficient in recognizing correct answer choices and avoiding wrong ones. Students will create a long term study plan that includes instruction, practice, correction, and assessment.
Study groups are relational, laid back and encouraging. Students gain confidence and determination when they begin to understand the blue print of the test. Many students improve their cumulative score 2 to 4 points after participating in a study group and following through on a study plan. This 15 hour program consists of 8 hours of instruction and 7 hours of homework.
3 day Study session July 20-22 9am-12pm each day
College and Career Readiness
Instruction and Professional Development
KEDC Annual Scholarship
- 2017 KEDC Scholarship Recipient - East Carter High School - Erika Fraley
- 2017 KEDC 2nd Scholarship Recipient - Fleming County High School - Elizabeth Hunt
- 2016 KEDC Scholarship Recipient - Somerset High School - Jake Pierce
- 2016 KEDC 2nd Scholarship Recipient - Lee County High School -Kayla Combs
- 2015 KEDC Scholarship Recipient - Fairview High School - Kenna Morris
- 2014 KEDC Scholarship Recipient - Paul Laurence Dunbar/Fayette County - Cassandra Almasri
- 2014 KEDC 2nd Scholarship Recipient - Boyd County High School - Mikayla Woods
- 2013 KEDC Scholarship Recipient - Leslie County High - Destiny Lewis
- 2013 KEDC Scholarship Recipient - Casey County High - Kaylee Greer
Leadership and Networks