Making Inquiry Visible -Shifting Instruction to the New KY Academic Standards for Social Studies
September 24, 2019 - 9:00am to 3:00pm
Hosted by Kentucky Educational Development Cooperative (KEDC), Central Kentucky Educational Cooperative (CKEC), and the Kentucky Council for the Social Studies (KCSS).
Every child should be empowered to inquiry, to ask questions, and to wrestle their way to an argument. Join fellow Kentucky teachers to learn more about the Inquiry Design Model, the Kentucky Academic Standards for Social Studies (KASSS), and create your own classroom inquiry materials.This is a 3-part series of work shops that will feature hands-on opportunities for teachers to develop inquiry materials for use in their classrooms and to join a community of educators who share an interest in invigorating their classrooms through inquiry teaching and learning.
- Small, intimate sessions** by cocreator of the Inquiry Design Model.
- Three sequential workshops to allow teachers time to develop materials and collaborate with educators beyond the workshop time.
- Strategies for modifying inquiry-based instruction so that all leaners have access to curriculum.
Who should attend?
- K-12 Classroom Teachers
- Curriculum Specialists/Coaches
- Higher Education Faculty
- Teams: Exceptional opportunity to grow your leadership team. Time to learn and plan for your school or district’s next steps in implementation
THREE-DAY WORKSHOP SERIES*
September 24 | October 28 | January 13
@KEDC Conference Center 118 James Court, Suite 60 Lexington, KY 40505
*Attendance is expected at all three workshops as attendees will build upon their knowledge at each session.
Cost includes attendance and workshop materials for all three days
- NON- members - $400/per person
- Member price (must belong to KEDC or CKEC) - $375 per person
- Member groups of 3 or more from same district - $325 per person
Dr. Kathy Swan and Carly Muetterties from the University of Kentucky. Kathy directs the C3 Teachers Project and is an author of the C3 Framework and Inquiry Design Model. Carly is managing editor of the C3Teachers website.
**To allow for individualized instruction, space is limited to 60 participants.
Register for this event